Saturday, August 9, 2008

A conversation with Jackson

The boys and I took Brad to the airport for his trip out west (where he'll be until hours before we pull out of the driveway early Friday morning for vacation. I swear I'm not too bitter about that, really, I'm not.) It's a picture perfect day; blue sky filled with cotton ball clouds, 80 degrees, no humidity. The kind of day I dreamed of when I bought the convertible. Teddy and Jackson were in the back seat, Teddy with his nose in his game boy and Jackson watching the clouds, finally Jack popped up with the following:

J: Mom, Does God live in a cloud?
M: mmm, I don't know. I think God is everywhere, so I'm not sure how to answer that.
J: huh.
Now quietly, no longer talking to me. Jackson's looking out at the passing scenery.
J: Hey God, how's it going?
He waves at the trees
J: Hi God.
We pass more trees
J: What's up God?

It was just too cute.

Camela

No comments: