Tonight, Jackson was reading Calvin and Hobbs to me at bedtime and it occurred to me that Jackson is Calvin. He's such a goof ball, so full of life and fun and mischief. I asked him if I could call him Calvin and without skipping a beat he said "No!" and kept reading. A minute later he said "but Calvy is ok." Calvy? (I have no idea how one might spell that)
You're okay with Calvy, but not Calvin? I ask skeptically. Of course, he tells me as if that was a stupid question and keeps reading.
Later after way, way, way too much frivolity with both boys before finally getting him into bed, Jackson pulls the covers up and rolls over on his side and totally deadpans the words... snore blow... snore blow... snore blow... snore blow. It takes me a minute, cuz well you know, usually if someone is going to fake snoring they make the noise and ha ha, it's funny, but no, not good ol' Calvy... snore blow... snore blow. I fell on the floor laughing. I was totally done. I swear if I ever get a new pet I'm going to name him snoreblow... I dont' know what we'll call him for short, but that's definitely his name.
Camela
Friday
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment