Monday, July 13, 2009

Kidless for nearly a week!

Well... we sent Jackson off to camp for the first time yesterday. We'll pick him up along with Teddy on Friday afternoon. I'm not sure which one of us was more nervous as the time got closer for him to leave, but he handled it well enough and I'm here waiting anxiously for them to post some pictures of his activities on their website so I can see how he looks.

Brad and I had a lovely dinner out last night - we went to Bonefish which we love if anyone gets the chance - with no thoughts of ... quick we've got to get home to relieve the babysitter. Tomorrow morning at the butt crack of dawn Brad is heading down to NC, his second home, for a short trip. At first I was not too amused by this trip, but upon further reflection, the idea of some time at home totally alone doesn't sound too bad!

The pictures we've been able to see of Teddy at camp have been wonderful, particularly their morning meeting times at "the flagpole". Each morning it's a differnt theme, Geek Monday was one, Topless Tuesday was another. It's the first thing the campers do each morning and I'm sure it's designed to get them up and out and energized; ready for the day ahead. My two favorite pictures have been flagpole pictures. From Topless Tuesday was a picture of his entire cabin of boys and counselors sans shirts flexing their muscles (what there are of them at age 10/11). But the funny part was they all had abs drawn in and it was hilarious. But by far the best picture was from another morning where again his whole cabin is featured and they are all wearing dresses - 10ish 10 year old boys and a counselor all in dresses. No idea what the theme was, and it seems as though only their cabin was in dresses, but OMG it is hysterical... seriously funny. Teddy is front and center (as he somehow manages to be for everything) in a blue, knee length, sleeveless dress, posing with hands on hips, looking right at the camera with a serious "I dare you" face. His best friend Matthew is right next to him in a more prarie style white dress with both hands framing his face and his mouth open as if he's making a girly scream. We'll be ordering some of these pictures when all is said and done and I am so completely looking forward to showing that picture to his future girlfriends (especially the ones I don't like).

Once we get the pictures, I'll post some here, but that won't be for a couple of weeks. Wish me luck not fretting too much about Jackson this week!

Camela

1 comment:

Misty said...

The pictures sound adorable and fun! I'm wishing you lots of luck no being a nervous wreck this week.I hope the boys have a great time!