Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Holy Canoli my baby's getting older

Teddy turns 11 tomorrow!!!!


I can't stand it. It's too much. How in God's name did this happen. He's heart stoppingly beautiful (at this moment especially when his mouth is shut) and just keeps getting more grown up every day. There are still things he's working on - like remembering to use utensils, and being able to find the shoes on his feet - but I figure he'll get them some day, or maybe he won't but he won't be living with me any more so I just won't care as much.

This is one of my favorite pictures, taken a year ago in the Outer Banks.
The Carolla lighthouse is in the background if you look closely.


He's lovely and sweeet and very empathetic to everyone except his brother. He's very responsible with things outside of the home, extremely assertive, yet also shy and unsure (this he get's from his mother). He's wildly analytical and extremely curious; asking thoughtful and thought provoking questions of just about everyone on just about any topic (he gets this from his father). He spends a great deal of time trying to figure out how to make or build the next cool and intricate thing or on trying to figure out how things work. He is a consumate debater. He will debate with anyone on anything at anytime; happy to take whichever side you didn't. His teachers think he's amazing, his parents are not as certain this is a good quality - though certainly think he'll follow in his grandpa's and aunt's and uncle's footsteps and be a lawyer - really anything else would be wasting some serious innate talent.
-
He is a wonderful son and brother though this pre-teen time has not been my favorite. I'm guessing I've got a few more years of this less than wonderful time with him, but am confident it'll all be worth it in the end. We are very lucky to have him in our lives; they are richer every day for his existance.
-
Camela

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like him too!

Anonymous said...

I love this post! He's absolutely gorgeous!