At the elementary school where Jackson goes they have a lovely tradition where on the last day of school all the teachers and staff form two lines just outside the exit doors and clap and cheer for all the students as they have officially finished the year and (hopefully) been promoted to the next grade. Every year the sentiment brings tears to my eyes and if I actually get to watch it, I'm toast. (and though I won't admit it officially it's possible there are a few tears in my eyes right now as I think about it).
Anyway, because he goes to aftercare right after school I wasn't 100% sure exactly when school lets out and so I wasn't sure when his half day ended on the last day of school and this year Brad is out of town so I'm going to be there when Jack gets out. So what does a smart and organized mom do when she doesn't know the answer to something (and her husband is not available to give her the answer)??? She calls the school with a quick and easy question.
Me: What time does school let out?
dumbgirlwhoansweredthephone: Three hours earlier.
M: Yes, okay, thanks. What time does school let out?
D: What time does he get home?
M: When I pick him up. He’s in aftercare and I’m going to pick him up from school on Wednesday when it let’s out, but I don’t know when that is. Can you tell me when school let’s out this week?
D: Oh he’s in aftercare?
M: Yes
D: And you’re going to pick him up on Wednesday?
M: Yes
D: So he’ll be a car rider. Because I was going to calculate three hours earlier than when the bus normally drops him off if he was a bus rider.
M: Okay. When does school let out?
D: Well we’ll be all done by 12:15 or so. And the car loop gets pretty full so you might want to be in the loop by about noon or so.
M: I’m planning to park the car and get out; can you please tell me when school let’s out?
D: You’re going to park?
M: Yes.
D: As I said we’ll be all done by 12:15 or so, so you definitely want to be here before then.
(maybe a new question will help get me an answer)
M: When does the bell ring?
D: For car riders, we’ll probably let them out at 12:07 or 12:09.
M: Great, thank you.
(After hanging up, I beat the phone against my head for approximately 15 minutes.)
Camela
Friday
7 years ago

1 comment:
I really did laugh out loud when I read this!
Post a Comment