Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Golf Trip


They've gone to Tampa. They left on Thursday and will be back late on Sunday. I hate it when he's gone over a weekend. Brad and 3 of his buddies have headed south for their mostly annual golf trip. They've gone somewhere warm to golf 4 out of the last 5 years. Brad tells me that not only did I approve this golf trip maybe 8 months ago, but he even made sure I was comfortable with how many weeks it would be after the convention was over. Do I remember this? No. Do I believe it's true? Yes. Did my hand in the planning of this trip help me be supportive and gracious in the weeks leading up to it? uh, no, not so much.

So my poor husband, who so often feels guilty for his travel schedule has had to put up with my - shall we say - attitude - about his trip for at least a couple of weeks. Can you say passive aggressive? I swear I thought I was way beyond this whole snide little comments part of my life, but apparently that's not the case. Oh well. He finally told me to stop it. I'm not sure I was even aware of how rude and annoying I was being, but when he pointed out; in very clear terms, how he'd done everything he could have and should have in advance of this trip and that I needed to back off a bit - he'd had enough, what could I say? He was totally right.

So once that little conversation was over, I was back to my (I hope) normal self - hoping he would have a great time. He called a little while ago and one of the guys he's with (a big Red Sox fan) got them tickets to the Devil Rays vs Red Sox playoff game - how cool is that? All I can say is that it's very loud there. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Camela

No comments: