Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

Last night Jackson said he was going to set his alarm to 5:10 am. I think we convinced him not too, knowing his internal alarm clock would wake him before 6 anyway. We told the boys they couldn't wake us until 7:15 am. Brad and I went to bed somewhere around 1:30, though I don't think I feel asleep until nearly two. Not too long after 4am I hear kids running around the house (curse these mommy ears of mine!!!). I go to get them back into bed only to run into bleary eyed Jackson in the hall.

Me: Baby it's way too early to be up
Jack: Teddy woke me, he's downstairs
I'm shocked as Teddy is a sleep-a-holic though he is very excited about Santa visiting. I head downstairs.
M: Teddy honey, it's waaaay too early to be up.
Ted: YOU SAID 4:10 am.
M: There is no universe in which I would ever say 4:10 am is an okay time to get up.
T: BUT THAT'S WHAT YOU SAID!!!
M: Sweetie, it's really not. You need to go back to bed.

I got back to bed though I could clearly hear the kids moving around. I just didn't have the energy to get back out of bed. I rolled over to get Brad to tell them to get back into bed. I gently rubbed his arm (the safest way to wake him). That didn't work. I pulled the covers down and rubbed a little harder. Nada. I pulled the covers back more (he HATES to be cold and often sleeps with his electric blanket on 10) and rubbed harder still. Nope. Finally I just shook him. "Brad." Not a thing. I gave up, rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. I saw it hit five but that was it.

Until..... At about 6:15 when Jackson came in.

Jack: Mom. Mom. (They know it's much safer to wake me) what time can we wake you up?
Me: You've got to be kidding me Jackson. You just woke me to ask when you can wake me?
J: Yeah, what time?
M: 7:15 now go away (I was not feeling very Christmasy)

And that was it.... until 7:13 when our door burst open as did my eyes. but they didn't come in. After about 10 seconds little feet run away and then back again.
Jack: It's still 7:13 we can't go in (they need to work a bit on their whispering skills)
Ted: Let's go wake them
J: We can't. Not until 7:15.
silence for about 15 seconds or so before feet go running away then back again
J: Ted! It's 7:14, only one more minute.
Mom: OMG I can hear you. I'm right here. We'll get up if you go away right now.

Merry Christmas everyone,
Camela

1 comment:

Kathy's Korner said...

THAT was hillarious (of course I slept that whole night which probably helps)

CURSES to Mommy ears!