Friday, February 5, 2010

The next morning.... and the next

Let me preface with - other than the very unusual two hour nap Jack took during the day there was no indication whatsoever that he was remotely under the weather.

Jack: Can I call Jake to play?
Me: No
Jack: Why?
Me: You stayed home sick today; you can't play with your friends

Jack: Can I have more (a 2nd huge helping of) mac n cheese
Me: No
Jack: Why?
Me: You stayed home sick with an upset stomach. We'll see how that does in your stomach for a while then if you still want more food in a while we'll talk about it.
Jack: how long? 5 minutes?


Anyway, the next morning I go downstairs and find him moping around with his bucket at his side while watching TV.

Me: Jackson, you need socks and shoes
Jack: I'm not feeling well
Me: uh huh Sorry to hear that, put on your socks and shoes
Jack: (shocked) Do I have to go to school?
Me: Yes.

He whined and moaned and crawled his way upstairs while I got stuff ready. After about 15 minutes he came up to me, fully dressed including his coat...
Jack: Mom! Is it okay if I go outside and run around the driveway since it's all shoveled? You know how if I don't feel good I just need to run around so I can get more energy.
Me: uh, sure, kid.


Now for this morning.....
I go into Jackson's room first thing this morning so I can get him into the shower. He's sitting all mopey on his bed; bucket at his side.

Me: Okay Jackson time for your shower
Jack: I'm not feeling well
Me: (feeling very sarcastic) Perhaps you should get up and jog in place; you know how running around gives you more energy and makes you feel better
Jack: (with a totally straight face) I already tried that

Camela

No comments: