Monday, October 20, 2008

Unmature


So as I was putting Teddy to bed tonight he told me that a friend of his has reported that his older brother gets detention in middle school almost every day. This led to a very analytical and pragmatic discussion, as only Teddy can have, as to exactly how many detentions he might get throughout his middle school career.
Of course this took several minutes and lots of back and forth to get to the final answer of three or four; five at the absolute most. I told him I could probably live with three or four, but would not be happy with any of them.

But this detention discussion led to him wanting to let me in on some very important information.

"Mom, I'm getting older."

"Yes you are"

"As I get older and get to be a teenager, I might just become unmature for a while."

"Really. Why is that?"

"Sometimes teenagers do stupid things, so I guess they become a little unmature, like Steven who gets all those detentions."

Aaaahh. I've decided this is good information to have.

Camela

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He sounds like such a cool kid!

And you are one lucky momma about that costume ;) hehe