skip to main |
skip to sidebar
This is all Misty's fault - she totally jinxed me!!!!
Yesterday I was chatting with my friend Misty and she complained that there hadn't been any good 'crazy things that happen while Brad's away' stories lately. So of course then today happened...
It all started with Jackson throwing up first thing this morning. Now he sometimes throws up for literally no reason, so it's not always a sign that he's really sick. So we talk about it and I watch him closely and we decide that he's up for going to school. I drop them off at morning care only to realize that I had forgotten Teddy's bells in the kitchen. I had told Teddy I would bring them when he very politely asked me to do it, but oops. So I told the boys I'd run back home, get them and be right back. Round trip probably took less than 7 minutes. I pull into a space hoping I'll be able to get out of the area before the buses start pulling in - I'm already going to be late to work. I reach in to grab the bells and hit the case just right and snap my thumbnail in half. I swear I almost fainted on the spot from the pain. My nails are very strong and rarely break. This is the worst break I've ever had in my life by a mile. The nail is hanging on by one side and blood is slowly dripping down my thumb - it was very pretty. But there's nothing I can do about it right at the moment. I run in, hoping to be able to run right back out... but no.
Jackson is near hysteria - thinking I would never come back as I said I would. I take one look at him and his reaction and think - I screwed up, he really is sick, he needs to be at home. I gather him up and head out after first letting lots of 10 year old boys ogle my bloody thumb. I'm still a person down at work and the idea of losing a day is frightening, so I decide to head to my office and get some work I can log in and do from home. Jackson promptly falls asleep in the car which he never ever does - can you say bad mom for sending him to school in the first place? We're about half way there when he starts to freak out. "mommy, mommy pull over, I'm going to be sick. Hurry." shoot shoot shoot (okay that's a nicer thing than what I actually said). I get the van pulled over.... did I mention I was on a highway.... and that it was pouring?
Given Jackson's penchant for throwing up the van is fully equipped with things for just such an emergency, but of course they are in the back - the way, way back. "Can't I just do it in the grass, mom?" Well sure, but it's pouring.. and it's a highway.. Find a bag and some paper towels, get him set up in his seat, hop back in, merge back into the rush hour traffic, go to work. Then we get to do it all again on the way home - different highway, but same weather and outcome.
Then... at home, the internet is down all day long.... The internet is never down. Brad works from home, when he's in town, and every single thing he does is over the internet... But no. It's down and no amount of resetting it will help. So the stuff I brought home to do... yeah, not so much.
Oh well - Thanks a lot Misty!
Camela
1 comment:
I am so sorry you had a rough day.
Suz
Post a Comment