I've been so lame about posting so I thought I'd at least give a quick update about what's going on with us.
Right now: Brad is making dinner of bar-b-que chicken and grilled marinated shrimp. He made this same shrimp last weekend and let me tell you - it was the flat out best food I've ever had. He made this seemingly simple marinade of basil, olive oil, garlic and some other things.. I think there's some citrus in there of some sort... but man oh man was it good. Cooked perfectly and seasoned perfectly. Frankly I'm not interested in anything else that may be available, though he wants me to make a warm spinach salad, I just want the shrimp!
Teddy, Matthew, Jackson, and Jake are all downstairs playing a video game. I think Teddy actually has the controls but all 4 of them are happily deciding what ridiculous moves Ted will make next. There is a lot of laughter going on and that's one of the best sounds of the world. I truly love when Matt and Jake are over - all 4 boys get along so well; they can mix and match so nicely - so much more calm then just my 2 boys at home.
Teddy
He finally finished his research paper and man, I have no idea how it is. The only comment the teacher gave him on the rough draft was that he needed a stronger conclusion which we'd already talked about. But from where I sit it's not much more than a well written list of quotes from several different sources. Perhaps that's appropriate for his age, I truly have no idea. I look forward to seeing how he does on it. He had a bunch of homework over the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised how he got it down with little or no protesting. (Okay it's a lie to say there was none, but it was minimal so that counts)
Jackson
He and Brad worked on his science fair project this weekend. Science Fair projects have always been a Brad thing for which I am eternally grateful but Brad has this habit of putting it off and as it happens the science fair is on Thursday and Brad will be out of town Monday through Wednesday or Thursday and this timing occurred to Brad late last week. So all that's to say that Brad and Jack have been diligently measuring things and writing things and evaluating things and typing and printing and gluing things on and off all weekend. But it's done and it went just fine.... phew.
Me
I've been working on cleaning out the basement. We're going to have the basement finished in the next couple of months. First step is clean it out. Brad and I have differing views of what this means which is (so far) amusing to both of us. Clearly we need to pick a leader for this job (which if you know anything about us it's what we believe is the secret to a happy marriage). I think it should be me because we both would agree that I'm better at this kind of thing, but most of the stuff down there is his and I think it's too difficult for him to give up control - so he's not suggesting it be me and I'm fearful if I suggest he be the leader we'll still be cleaning out the basement in August so I'm not suggesting it be him. So we're dancing around each other for now. I'm thinking there will be more discussion about this.
Brad
Is busy working on a work project in North Carolina. It's more like the work he used to do when there were production deadlines he was working on instead of just supporting those that have them. He's helping them make their deadlines this time. I think he's enjoying the jazz of it - but I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to do it all the time anymore.
So that's what's up around here. When I'm feeling less lame, I'll get back to posting more regularly.
Camela
Friday
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment