It started with sleeping in - now that would be a great thing except we were wrong about the time Teddy had to be at the soccer field in order to get pictures taken before his game. It was about 9:50 and we realized he needed to be there at 10:15. It takes about 15 minutes to get there. Teddy was asleep. I went to wake him and I couldn't stop laughing - "sweetie you need to get up, cuz you need to leave in 6 minutes." Brad took him and they made it.
Then it continued with shaving. Well actually I was using a hair removal cream, a new one, and - I can't even describe what a disaster it was - I nearly killed myself cuz everything got so slippery and then it only sort of worked so I'm thinking I now look like a cheetah. And it took way longer than it should have so I was late to Teddy's game. Which was sort of okay since it was happening during a torrential downpour. The kind of rain where the wind is so intense that it shoved the rain through the vent that is about a third of the way down on the big golf umbrella I was under so I was being rained on INSIDE my umbrella.
Teddy's team won, Jackson's team tied then we were home and working on book reports. No construction paper, no poster board - wonderful. Brad volunteers to go and get it - great but I'm a little worried - will he get the right stuff? I ask him to get a variety of poster board and 2 packs of construction paper. I send him to a craft store where I know they'll have a good selection of poster board. It took forever. While he was gone I managed to alienate both children and have them both crying - it was a great time. He gets back and with no poster board. He bought a multi colored pack of I'm guessing 11x17 paper. It's great, just not what I'd finally convinced Teddy he needed as I didn't like his original choice. No problem, this is good since the kids and I needed a break from each other so out I go back into the rain.
Brad is worried that I'm still stressed, but seems ... lost with what to do about it. Maybe as if he expects me to just get over it and is not amused that I'm not.
Friday
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment