Both boys had games tonight at 6:00 two fields apart. It was going to be Jackson's last game no matter what, but if Teddy's team won they would move on to the championship game. Truth be told, I didn't really care about Jackson's game. I'm a bad mom, but the under 9 age group is not yet that fun to watch. There are a few players on the team who have a sense of the game, but mostly they are still running around following the ball or waiting for the ball to come to them and it's frustrating to watch. And Jackson, the most energetic kid in America, spends a lot of time dancing - cuz he can.
Whereas Teddy's under 11 league (I think he makes it into the U11 league by virtue of his birthday, but it could be U12 for all I know - remember I'm a bad mom) is actually competitive. Both teams play soccer well - fairly consistently so it's fun and exciting to watch - not to mention his game actually mattered. So Brad and I split the games and switched at half time.
Jack's team won 3-1. Teddy's team played one of their best games all season but unfortunately lost 1-0. Ted re-aggravated his knee which he first hurt on Friday in his first of 3 in a row games in a hard knee to knee hit and was really bummed by the loss, but oh well. They have a regular season game on Saturday and hopefully they'll be able to shake it off by then.
Camela
Friday
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment