Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Basketball practice and a snaggletooth


Jackson had his first basketball practice today and had an absolute blast. He's on the Gonzaga team. I think it's so great they use college names; it helps me get them into the college basketball frenzy that happens in our house in late spring. The fact that he had no idea what he was doing on the court was completely lost on him. It's an instructional league and his coach seemed to be really great - just kept showing Jackson that he shouldn't be skipping and dancing and flailing his legs wildly around while dribbling the ball and telling him it was great that he could dribble with both hands but that he really should try to only use one at a time. Brad's going to take him next time.

On the way home I called Brad so he could talk to Jackson about the practice. I can tell by Jackson’s responses that Brad is asking lots of basketball related questions. Yes he likes his coach, he knows only 1 guy on his team. He "played" with him last year too. Jack interrupts Brad to say, "wait I have to tell you the best part. I figured something out today." There's a pause while Brad asks what. "I can sharpen my tooth, my snaggletooth, well all four of them actually." He was very excited by this. "All I do is grind them against each other and I can make them really, really sharp. Sharper than the point of a sword. Sharper than an arrow. Here, listen to this." silence. "Did you hear that click dad. That was me grinding them together, I tried to do it really loud so you could hear." We're very proud.


Camela

No comments: