Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The worst day ever - according to Jackson (I agree)


The day started well enough; got up early, felt well rested... but then it started. I found Ridgely, the lab battling a neck problem, motionless on my bathroom floor. I had to check that she was breathing - she was. The poor thing couldn't even wag her tail, did I mention she's a lab. I ran downstairs and got her some aspirin and her steroids. She'd managed to rouse herself by the time I'd returned. She must have been extra stiff from the sleeping???

Then I'm all ready, I've given Teddy his five minute warning. I head downstairs to start breakfast and get Jackson to put his shoes on only to see our neighbor peering in our window. Why? you might ask. Because it's Tuesday and every Tuesday she shows up at 7:15 to take Teddy to chorus. I apologize and tell her I thought it was canceled this week. Why? she asks..... why indeed... well it turns out it's because I'm a moron who can't think for herself. I tell her, actually said the words out loud "Because Brad gave me a detailed schedule of who had to be where when before he left for North Carolina and this wasn't on it." The sad part is that it's true. I know exactly where and when both boys' basketball practices are and on which days because he left me a list, but the thing that happens every single week... uh no idea. Even worse than all that is that later when I told Brad, he apologized for forgetting to put it on the list. Seriously pitiful.... But back to the morning, I send the neighbor on her way and yell to the kids RUUUUUN!!!! Teddy's got to go. Ted get dressed! Dry cereal for breakfast! Run to the car! Fly to school! We make it, only five minutes late. Totally forgot lunch.... oops.

The highlight of the work day was learning that the CEO is heading out of the country again and wants the budgets done before he leaves. I'm still a man down and I've got statements for three companies, and budgets for two companies, untold bank recs and all the other day to day stuff I normally do to get done in the next couple of weeks - oh and Thanksgiving is in there too.

I run out the door at 5:00 on the dot, stop at Chick-Fil-A to get dinner for the boys so I can get something in them before we have to be at Jackson's first basketball practice. I get to school to pick them up... only to learn they've pulled down and broken one of the blinds that cover the cafeteria windows and got to have the assistant principal have a discussion with them - yippee. On the way home, Jackson is trying to guess his punishment; will I be grounded? will I? will I? He's never been grounded in his life, I swear this child was bating me. I really don't have time to deal with this, because I'm likely to freak out and that's never pretty. We get home, I get their completely nutritious dinner in front of them and run upstairs to change my clothes.... homework, what homework?

Then I hear maniacle laughter and squealing and Teddy running up to me and a thunk and then crying. It turns out Jackson thought it would be a good idea to take his perscription nose spray and spray it on Teddy's hair and then when Teddy was going to come up and tattle on him (my favorite thing) Jack threw the glass medicine bottle at Ted and caught him on the leg. He's got good aim. I'm very proud of myself for not killing anyone. Seriously I think I should win something for that. I went down and told Jackson that now he was grounded. For a week. No friends, no TV or anything with a screen, no dessert. I told him he'd get plenty of reading in and that I still hadn't decided how I was going to punish him for the incident at the school. Jack said... "This is the worst day ever." I told him I couldn't agree more.

Camela

No comments: