Teddy and Brad are in VA. Teddy called me from a Japanese restaurant where he is clearly feeling very grown up; away with his dad. They went for a swim, watched a bit of TV and then headed out to eat. Tomorrow they're going to the comic book convention and I'm sure they're both very excited about it.
Jackson and I started our weekend at the book fair where he chose a few a few books and a really cool, very large, pen (nearly 2 feet long) that has a rubber replica of a foam finger - I really like it. Then we went to Uno's and had a lovely time as he quizzed me with the Wimpy Kid Do it Yourself book. He humored me by going into Target that was right next to Uno's. I'm on the lookout for a few more snowmen for a little collection I'm putting together on top of a cabinet and have been wanting to buy a small tree for the kitchen to hang all the kids hand made ornaments in one place, so I knew they might have something that I liked for that too.
In the tree section I found this small lighted tree that is already in a pot and I thought 2 of them would look great on the front porch so I looked closer and discovered they were on sale and came in a package of 2 for $40 - can you say sold. Then I looked for the tree for my kitchen and I narrowed it down to a short fat little tree that was really cute and a tall thin tree that was also wonderful. I had originally been looking for a short tree, but decided on the taller one (it's only 7.5 feet which is a normal size, but in the 11' high kitchen it'll look pretty small so that's still good). I picked it because of how narrow it is. Its overall footprint is just not that big and I think that'll be perfect for where I want to put it.
Brad will probably find out that I bought three more trees by reading this blog post while he's away (Hi honey) - and he'll shake his head and think what am I going to do with her (or at least that's what I hope he thinks). I'm hoping to have them put together and roughly in place, if not decorated before Brad gets home. (My family coming for Thanksgiving are going to think I'm confused about which holiday is happening since I believe we'll have 6 trees up in the house - though the two little ones will eventually go outside and the big, live one won't be bought until after thanksgiving).
Tomorrow Jack and I are heading to the aquarium and maybe a movie too, though he doesn't know about that possibility at the moment.
Camela
Friday
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment