Monday, November 2, 2009

More differences about the boys

It came time to carve the pumpkins this year and as is usually the case this falls under my list of to-dos. If there is the slightest craft element to it Brad quickly says - this is ALL you Camela, I couldn't possibly do it.

I've been using those carving templates for years now and often end up doing 2 or more pumpkins one night working late into the night because I couldn't start until the boys went to bed otherwise it would take 5 times as long and there would always be fighting and crying but last year Teddy did a lot of his and I was excited for him to do the whole thing this year.

So I give him the books to flip through so he can pick what he wants and he quickly picks a ghost in a graveyard. Great! Unfortunately I mention that he'll need to go slowly and be careful which spooks him into thinking he'll totally mess it up - and it would be awful for him if he were to create something that wasn't FANTASTIC - he's ultra worried about what others think of him. I was able to talk him into doing some of it and if I hadn't actually waited until Halloween day to carve them I easily could have gotten him to do it and to be happy and proud about it too, but... oh well maybe next year. Here's his choice.


And then there's Jackson. I gave him the books to look through and he finally looked up and said... "I'd rather do an original design." Yeah okay. So we worked back and forth and came up with this which is maybe my favorite pumpkin of all times because it came with sound effects. Whenever Jackson or I would see the pumpkin we would belt out an awful operatic soprano note. Then fall over laughing.

No comments: