A couple of years ago I got the boys bathrobes which they were excited about and wore a couple of times until they realized the ties came out and then it was way more fun to tie things up then wear a stupid old robe. Well, about two or three months ago Jackson started wearing his robe again. It still has the little tie thing inside of it but he's been mostly holding it shut while wearing it. He started by wearing it after he got out of the shower but then it evolved into putting it on when he's just going to watch TV in the mornings on the weekend.
Not too long ago he came and very politely asked if he could have a new robe; one that had a tie that worked. Now of course I could have just fashioned a tie out of something (even a tie), but the robe was also a little small for him by this point so I told him we could probably work something out. Well today, I was at Target and came across the cutest robe that had Jackson's name all over it..... Okay it really had skulls all over it, but I knew that Jackson would absolutely LOVE it. I thought about hanging onto it to give it to him for his birthday or Christmas, but I decided a robe was something I could just give him so I did. And he was so gleefully delighted he jumped up and down and said thank you a million times. He immediately put it on and I'm fairly sure he's going to want to wear it for the whole weekend.
I went down to take a picture of him for this post and being Jackson, who hates pictures with a passion that took some work. He finally agreed if I let him put on sunglasses... uh sure. Then I took a bunch of pictures and thought several were very cute so I decided to include them here. Thank you to Camille for this blog post idea - I was totally stuck.
Friday
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment