Saturday, November 7, 2009

They've all been debleated

A quick movie review of Men who Stare at Goats.

uh.

um.

I'm not sure what to say about this.

Okay. I liked it. I think. It was very "Cohen Brothers"-ish". I was totally and fully engrossed in the story the entire time. Though I think 'story' is a bit of a stretch. I laughed out loud plenty - though it was often more of a 'laugh at you' than 'laugh with you' kind of thing. The two best lines that had Brad and I falling out of our seats laughing were "They've all been debleated" and "Silence of the Goats". I'm still laughing while I type this - total hilarity. It was full of very smart, dry, need-to-pay-attention-to dialog. I recommend it, but can't really tell you why. Brad says it's a movie about redemption - I think that's a big huge stretch. it's sort of in there, but like a hint at the end and even then you're not really sure it isn't a big joke.

Oh and I think I should get a pass on skipping yesterday of NaBloPoMo cuz it was my anniversary. Has anyone noticed that some people say NaBloPoMo which stands for National Blog Posting Month and others say NaNoBloMo which stands for something else maybe National November Blog Month? Any thoughts?

No comments: